Love Letters Kueh Kapit
Kueh Kapit – also called as Love letters. Cookies for New Year Celebration.
An Indonesian traditional wafer snack (kue or kuih) made by clasping egg batter using an iron mold (Waffle iron) which is heated up on a charcoal stove. It is commonly found in Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei. The mold each has two plates that are clasped tightly together and attached to long handles for manipulating over a charcoal stove.
In class, we are using the modern electric egg roll toaster to make equally delicious snack.
Duration: Approx 2 hours
WHAT YOU LEARN
Understanding the theory, ingredients and learn the skills and technique in making one of the popular Love Letters cookies.
- Hand knead of Love Letters Kueh Kapit Chinese New Year cookies
- Understand the do’s and dont’s in making these cookies.
- Pour the cookies into a mould and toast.
- Bring home the cookies made in class.
- $80 per participant
- Individual station. No sharing with other participants. 100% Hands-on.
- Small Class Size (2 to 8 participants)
- You can request for your preferred date and time with minimum 3 pax if our published schedule does not meet your requirement.
- 6 January 2021, Wednesday
- 10.30am to 12.30nn
Can’t attend the above dates?
- Request your class at your preferred date and time with minimum 2 participants. Get a friend or family member to join you!
- Looking for other cookies? Click here for selection.