Fresh Cream Cake – Durian Puree Cake
Durian Puree Cake, Soft sponge layered with fresh durian puree to satisfy all durian lovers’ cravings!
Why call Durian? The name “durian” is derived from the Malay language word dûrî (meaning ‘thorn’). It is distinctive for its large size, strong odour, and thorn-covered rind and we call them “king of fruits”.
How does durian taste like?
Durian is a strange combination of savory, sweet, and creamy all at once. A durian is supposed to have subtle hints of chives mixed with powdered sugar. It’s supposed to taste like diced garlic and caramel poured into whipped cream. Try it yourself.
Duration: Approx 3-4 hours
WHAT YOU LEARN
Understanding the theory, ingredients and learn the skills and technique in making a Sponge Cake, sandwiched and top with fresh Puree.
- Whisk up a Soft Sponge Cake
- Prepare the Durian frosting
- Assembly of cake and basic cake decoration
- Bring home the Durian Puree cake made in class
- $140 per participant
- Individual station. No sharing with other participants. 100% Hands-on.
- Small Class Size (2 to 8 participants)
- You can request for your preferred date and time with minimum 2 pax if our published schedule does not meet your requirement.
- 11st December 2022 Sunday
- 12nn to 3pm
Can’t attend the above dates?
- Request your class at your preferred date and time with minimum 2 participants. Get a friend or family member to join you!
- For other choice of bakes, you can refer to our Pastry Selection