Ang Ku Kueh 红龟粿
Ang Ku Kueh | 红龟粿 | Red tortoise cake | A small round or oval shaped Chinese pastry with soft sticky glutinous rice flour skin wrapped around a sweet filling in the centre.
Duration: Total approx 2.5 – 3 hours
Review from participant:
“Trainer is very knowledgeable and very patient. She makes sure each student is doing the proper procedure and she teaches systematically.” – Li-an Delos Reyes
WHAT YOU LEARN
Understanding the theory, ingredients and learn the skills and technique in making Red Tortoise Cake | 红龟粿, will both Black Sesame Filling and Mung Bean fillings.
- Kneading the outer skin of Ang Ku Kueh 红龟粿. Learn to feel and check the correct texture of the skin.
- Depends on group size, we will be making different colour extract from plant.
- Preparing Black Sesame fillings and Mung Bean fillings.
- Wrap the sweet snack and steam. Understanding the heat to use during steaming and apply of oil after steaming.
- Consume while is hot or bring home to share with family and friends.
- $100 per participant
- Individual station. No sharing with other participants. 100% Hands-on.
- Small Class Size (2 to 8 participants)
- You can request for your preferred date and time with minimum 2 pax if our published schedule does not meet your requirement.
- 19th November, 2022 | Saturday
- 2pm to 5pm
Can’t attend the above dates?
- Request your class at your preferred date and time with minimum 2 participants. Get a friend or family member to join you!